Ignorance is indeed bliss, especially when it comes to arms. In fact, let’s play a game of did you know.
1) Part A) FACT – Did you know that Britain is arming a gay-hating, deeply sexist and militantly suppressive dictatorship that started 2016 with a mass beheading of its own civilians?
1) Part B) ETHICS – Is funding the knife that slices the neck of an innocent civilian a good use for your hard earned tax payer bucks?
2) Part A) FACT – Did you know that Britain is arming a fundamentalist dictatorship that is bombing and killing civilians?
2) Part B) ETHICS – Do you think there is a reason why the government is keeping this information so quiet? Maybe a little too upsetting to know the harm we are causing in our inaction?
3) FACT – Did you know that we are fuelling Saudi Arabia’s war in Yemen and have been doing so for the last 11 months?
TRUTH – Probably not, unless you avidly study global politics, and one shouldn’t be ashamed of this.
We are not told.
Ignorance is bliss.
It’s easier that we all don’t know.
But is it right?
(Photos – Eli Woodbine, London, 2016)